Sunday 27 January 2013

SOCK it up

Assalamualaikum w.b.t

 It took me about 5 months after I hijrah to actually take another step in perfecting my dressing as a girl who was now covering her aurah. From the start of my hijrah, i started wearing hijabs that covered my chest, i try my very best to cover my whole body in the perfect way following the syariah BUT I was reluctant to cover my feet as I always thought "what is so sexy about my feet or feet? would men get turned on by looking at feet, Really?" and I always hated wearing socks or covered shoes.

I remember back in high school, I was known as the girl who takes off her socks and shoes and who walks around barefooted in class and around the hallway like some hooligan that one day a teacher of mine came to me and said "Farisya, awak dekat luar, cantik dekat sekolah selekeh!". Yes, that was pretty much me when I was in school. I felt so lemas every time my feet were covered and felt like my skin cells on my feet were about to die as they could not breathe! For short, it suffocated me. So, after my hijrah, I changed my style from the ankles and above but I left my foot breathe wild and free and my toes jigglin' around. I guess I thought they were happy that way.

My feet easily aches, I guess I inherited my Mum's bones. Tulang yang tak kuat langsung, of all the things to inherit, I get the sore feet kaaaaan and not the nose and the mat salleh features.. No, not complaining but Alhamdulillah! ANYWAY, around last year those slippers from FlipFlop were really famous and everyone said it was good for people who has GrandMa feet. I was dying to get new shoes that would save me from the feet aches back then so, my mum bought me a pair and it costs almost RM 300! Mahal gila so of course lah sayang, everyday pakai! Slippers were of course, slippers so of course my toes and feet were showing.

Then, I started looking around and every where I went there would be girls in hijabs catching my eye cause they were wearing socks and I felt, rather... WRONG and felt I wasn't doing a good job in covering my aurah. There was once I was in the elevator in Uni and this girl wore the same exact FlipFlop as mine but she was wearing socks with them. She was wearing those socks that had that split between ur ibu jari and ur other piggie toes. I took that as a sign and started feeling that I should start wearing socks.

So, around early December I bought some socks to go with my shoes but I felt like it dint look right and it dint look cool so setengah jalan je lah pakai socks. I guess that's how it goes, it all depends on Ur heart. When hati tak tetap and Ur mind is not set for something, it just doesn't last. Nampak cool or not, its all in Ur mind. One day, a friend of mine got me a pair of socks from Hurul Ain in TTDI. He got me two pairs. One was with that gap and one was just plain original socks, both in black. So, since he bought me socks, I started wearing them and never went out without them anymore because coincidentally, days before he bought them, I actually felt bad and incomplete and started feeling that huge urge to start wearing them FOR REAL. I guess Allah bukakkan hati dia to buy me a pair at the right time! I wore them and felt that it dint look awkward at all in my eyes with my flats, with my wedges, or with my slippers. They were also comfy and my feet hardly is in pain after long walks.

Now, I feel complete, Alhamdulillah! I also realized and understood that, in our religion everything that has been commanded to Us will always have it's reasons. Allah SWT wont command Us to do something without a purpose to it so why argue or be reluctant? I hope U gals out there with their hijabs on who has yet to cover their feet, do so. In syaa Allah, we will get the keberkatan of doing so. Well, kalau nak tutup, tutup betul-betul kan? Dont be like me, as I waited after 5 months to feel complete and to follow the right way of covering my aurah. All praises to Allah SWT that I realized and took a step to change to being better. I consider myself lucky cause... what if it was too late for me? So,cover Ur feet! Save the beauty and the smell of Ur feet only for Ur husband and not for the rest of the world! ;P

Here's something that I think is worth sharing on why we should cover our feet...

Abu Hurairah (Radiya Allahu Anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "There are two kinds of the inhabitants of the Hell-Fire whom I have not seen: …; and woman who will have clothes on their persons, but will appear naked; and will twist their shoulders delicately and walk with waving motions, their head will appear like the humps of waddling she-camels. They will not enter Paradise nor perceive its fragrance though its fragrance is perceptible from such and such a distance" . [Reported by Imam Muslim ]

 Umm Salamah (Radiya Allahu Anha) who asked Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam): "Can a woman perform a prayer in a Dir' (a long and wide garment that covers a woman's body) and Khimar (head cover) without Izar (a loin cloth)?' The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "If the Dir' is long and wide so that it covers the body to the external part of her feet". The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "The whole body of a woman is an 'Awrah (parts to be covered)" . al-Tirmizi who also considers such a Hadith as sound. The above-mentioned Hadith provides us with an evidence concerning the obligation of covering the woman's feet while she is out of her house or in the presence of marriageable men. The ruling in this Hadith is comprehensive so that it indicates the feet and other parts of the body.

Hoping this post could be useful!
Jazakallah Khayran,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment